Monday, March 7, 2011

What IS The Dragonfly Manifest

 

man·i·fest

[man-uh-fest]
–adjective
1.
readily perceived by the eye or the understanding; evident; obvious; apparent; plain: a manifest error.
–verb (used with object)
3.
to make clear or evident to the eye or the understanding; show plainly: He manifested his approval with a hearty laugh.
4.
to prove; put beyond doubt or question: The evidence manifests the guilt of the defendant.
5.
to record in a ship's manifest.
 

1.  clear, distinct, unmistakable, patent, open, palpable, visible, conspicuous. 3.  reveal, disclose, evince, evidence, demonstrate, declare, express. See display.  
 
 
A Dragonfly Manifest...what is THAT? Simply put, I am waiting for a sign. A pre-agreed upon sign that was part of a promise made upon the deathbed of my best friend, my sister, my brother's wife. 
 
At the end of her ill-fated battle against her own body, my bestfriend, acknowledging that she was not going to win THIS one, promised me that if it all possible, she would appear to me, post-mortum to let me know that she was ok. The symbol we agreed upon? The form I was to look for? A dragonfly.
  
Since she finally succumbed to the treachery wreaked upon her body by a marauding band of rogue cells, also known as cervical cancer, I am now on the alert and watching for her to come to me.
 
This log is about her, about my loss and how I will cope, and is also to chronicle any and all possible manifestation of her after her passing.
 
The Dragonfly Manifest... 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment